- This event has passed.
Happy Hour & Roundtable Discussions on NursingCAS at the Graduate Nursing Admissions Professionals Conference
April 2, 2019 @ 4:45 pm - 5:45 pm
Want to learn more or take a deeper dive on a specific topic as it relates to NursingCAS? This is your opportunity. Join your colleagues on Tuesday, April 2 at 4:45 PM during the Graduate Nursing Admissions Professionals (GNAP) Conference for an optional NursingCAS Happy Hour and Roundtable Discussion session.
- Anna Atteberry-Gustafson, Assistant Director of Nursing Student Services – Graduate Programs, South Dakota State University College of Nursing
- Tami Buedefeldt, Director of Admissions, Oregon Health & Sciences University School of Nursing
- Sean Kilpatrick, Assistant Dean, Student/Post-Graduate Support Services, University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Xavier Ramos, Admissions Recruiter Advisor, Graduate Programs, University of South Florida College of Nursing
- Jennifer Thorndyke, Director of Admissions Rush University College of Nursing
- Justin Veigel, Director of Student Recruitment, University of Cincinnati College of Nursing
Discussion topics will highlight:
- New User Experience – Learn from a new NursingCAS user about implementation, timeline, results, and challenges
- Facilitating an Online Review of Applicants – Utilizing the Assignments feature in WebAdMIT
- Integration – How to Utilize Lists, Exports, and the API tools in WebAdMIT to connect to your internal CRM and SIS such as Slate, Banner, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, TargetX, EMP, etc.
- Facilitating a Holistic Review of Applicants – Utilizing the Scoring feature in WebAdMIT
- Interviews – How to conduct and review results in order to facilitate a comprehensive applicant review in WebAdMIT
- Advanced User Experience – Learn from an experienced NursingCAS user on how their school fully leverages the system for recruitment, communications, admissions review, and the yield process.
The roundtable discussions will address topics that will be relevant for all attendees, including those who already use NursingCAS.
Below is a tentative schedule for the session. Please note the date/time change for this session, it was originally scheduled for April 3 but was rescheduled to April 2 in order to accommodate more attendees.
- 4:45 – 4:50 PM – Brief overview and introduction to the different discussion topics
- 4:50 – 5:15 PM – Roundtable discussions on specific topic – pick 1 topic (tables will be labeled accordingly)
- 5:15 – 5:30 PM – Q&A Portion with the whole group
- 5:30 – 5:45 PM – Wrap-up
Note this is a new date/time in order to accommodate all GNAP attendees. If you are not interested in learning more about CAS, we still encourage you to enjoy the food and drinks provided.
NursingCAS is a free tool for your school to use. You can choose which programs to post on the application and have control over your branding and admission criteria. NursingCAS can also integrate with existing systems already used on your campus. Applicants pay a nominal fee to use the service and benefit from the convenience of being able to research and apply to any participating program with a single, online application.
Schools access applications, data, and supporting materials such as transcripts submitted via NursingCAS through secure web-based admissions software, called WebAdMIT. WebAdMIT has a scoring rubric tool and tools for tracking interviews, conducting an online review of applicants, calculating GPAs, sending and tracking applicant communications, running queries, building custom reports (and access to comparative reports), and exporting data to import into internal systems. You can also download PDFs and create Excel spreadsheets of the applicant data.
If you have questions, contact Stephanie Wurth, AACN’s Director of Strategic Partnerships.