- This event has passed.
NursingCAS Information Session
June 21, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join Janda Anderson, the Director of Admissions at Georgia Baptist College of Nursing, the NursingCAS Team, and your colleagues from area Atlanta nursing schools to learn more about the centralized application service. Hear from an experienced admission professional and network with colleagues. Explore approaches to streamlining admissions processes. Find out more about what NursingCAS can do for you and your program.
What: NursingCAS Information Session
Location: Atlanta, GA
Where: Georgia Baptist College of Nursing – Mercer University
When: Tuesday, June 21
Time: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (lunch will be provided)
Address: 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30341
Location on Campus: Georgia Baptist College of Nursing Building – Room 320
Registration for this event is now closed.
Download a copy of the slides.
12:30 – 1:00 PM – Check-in (pick up lunch)
1:00 – 3:00 PM – Welcome, Introductions, and NursingCAS Overview
This free event is an opportunity for any staff engaged in nursing admissions to learn more about the centralized application service. Currently, there are over 200 schools processing applications to more than 1900 programs via NursingCAS including; BSN, RN to BSN, Accelerated BSN, MSN, Master’s Entry, RN to MSN, DNP, PhD and others. And over 80,000 applicants are utilizing NursingCAS this cycle to apply to nursing programs nationwide.
Hear from an experienced admissions professional and network with colleagues
- Janda Anderson, the Director of Admissions at Georgia Baptist College of Nursing at Mercer University, will share her experience leveraging a centralized application service (CAS) to increase program exposure and provide access to prospective students to easily discover and apply to programs through a national platform like NursingCAS. Ms. Anderson currently oversees recruitment, marketing and enrollment activities for undergraduate and graduate nursing programs and previously worked with various CAS systems in her former role in admissions at the School of Health Professions at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX.
Explore approaches to streamlining admissions processes
- Learn strategies to streamline your admissions process by utilizing the tools that NursingCAS has to offer. These tools can complement or enhance existing systems and processes already in place. There is no cost to schools to use NursingCAS. Applicants pay a nominal fee to use the service and benefit from the convenience of being able to research and apply to any participating nursing school with a single, online application and one set of transcripts. NursingCAS also provides resources to applicants to help inform them about potential programs of interest including the monthly newsletter, the applicant events calendar, and the participating programs directory.
Find out more about what NursingCAS can do for you and your program
- Learn how to maximize NursingCAS by branding and customizing your school’s listing on the application and the admissions software (called WebAdMIT) to meet the unique needs of your program(s) and applicants. Online applicant review, custom scoring rubrics for candidates, admissions committee access, interview tracking, and email communications allow for efficient workflow management. Users can easily run reports and exports to automate data transfers into existing internal systems.
- Location Details: Georgia Baptist College of Nursing at Mercer University located on the Cecil B. Day Graduate and Professional Campus
- Maps: Directions, PDF Map – printable version
- Parking Information: Parking is free in the Atlanta Campus East parking lot only. The East Parking Lot off Flowers Road is directly in front of the Nursing Building.
- Public Transportation – The campus is convenient to Interstates 85 and 285 and about two miles from the Doraville MARTA station.
- Closest Airport is the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), which is approximately 40 minutes (23 – 28 miles) away depending on traffic. Airport Shuttle Information.
- Train: Peachtree Station (approximately 10 miles from the station, 20 – 30 minutes depending on traffic)
If you have questions, contact Stephanie Wurth, AACN’s Director of Strategic Partnerships.