- This event has passed.
San Diego NursingCAS Learning & Networking Day
July 26, 2016
What: NursingCAS Learning & Networking Day
Location: San Diego, CA
Where: University of San Diego Hahn School of Nursing & Health Science
When: Tuesday, July 26
Time: 1:00 – 4:00 PM, followed by a Reception from 4:00 – 5:00 PM. Note: check-in will be from 12:30 – 1:00 PM.
Address: 5998 Alcalá Park, San Diego, CA 92110
Location on Campus: Hahn School of Nursing & Health Science Building, Room 207/209. NOTE: The Building is officially called the Beyster Institute for Nursing Research, Advance Practice and Simulation (BINR). It is marked as BINR on the campus map. There is also a shuttle stop at the BINR building.
Registration for this event is now closed.
12:30 – 1:00 PM – Check-in (Room 207/209)
1:00 – 1:10 PM – Welcome
1:10 – 1:30 PM – The College of St. Scholastica’s Experience, Speaker: Chad Oppelt, Assistant Director of Graduate & Extended Studies Recruitment, The College of St. Scholastica (Duluth, MN)
1:30 – 1:45 PM – Break
1:45 – 3:45 PM – Breakout Sessions
|Current Users (Room 201)
||Prospective Users (Room 207/209)
3:45 – 4:00 PM – Wrap-up
4:00 – 5:00 PM – Party! (Outdoor Plaza Area)
Please note that there has been a change in schedule and Robert Strachan, Assistant Director of Nursing Admissions, at San Francisco State University is no longer able to present during the event. He still wants to provide an opportunity for you to learn about SF State’s experience with NursingCAS though so he will be presenting on a Webinar scheduled for Wednesday, August 10 at 11:00 AM PT. You can register now for that Webinar and reach out to him with questions at email@example.com or 415-338-1802.
- Driving Directions
- Interactive map or Printable map (PDF)
- Parking – There is parking available in the West Parking Lot/Structure. Enter campus through the West Entrance and stop at the kiosk to request a Visitor Permit. There is no charge for the parking permit. Turn left (right after the kiosk) to enter the West Parking Lot/Structure. There is a tram stop by our building – the Beyster Institute for Nursing Research, Advanced Practice Simulation (BINR). Please plan for extra time to park and take the shuttle.
- Closest Airport: San Diego International Airport (SAN) is approximately 15 minutes away depending on traffic. Super Shuttle.
- Closest Train: San Diego Old Town Station (approximately 2 miles from the station)
- Uber or San Diego Taxi Cab Company (619-566-6666)
- Public Transportation
- MTS buses, trolleys and coasters provide convenient transportation throughout San Diego County. If you want to use the local bus service, you need to take Bus Route 44 to our campus. Bus schedules differ, but service the stop by our entrance every 15 to 20 minutes.
- The San Diego Trolley runs every 15 minutes throughout most of the day and every 30 minutes in the evening. The stop nearest our campus is the Old Town Transit Center.
- The North County Coaster runs 43 miles along the coast with station stops in downtown San Diego, Old Town, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad and Oceanside. It is best to transfer from the Coaster to a bus at the Old Town Transit Center to reach our campus.
Area Hotels: please note attendees are responsible for any related travel expenses and there are no room blocks or negotiated hotel rates for this event:
If you have questions, contact Stephanie Wurth, AACN’s Director of Strategic Partnerships.