August 21, 2018
One of the benefits of NursingCAS is to provide notifications to applicants about programs that have available space. Did you know that more than 14,000 seats go unfilled annually? Review the listing below to determine if you would like to apply to one of these programs.
Programs often extend their deadlines in order to allow applicants more time to complete the admissions process. Review the list below to see if any programs you are interested in have extended their deadline
New programs are added to NursingCAS frequently so in order to help you discover and learn about new offerings please review the updated list below.
Ashland University has open seats in all undergraduate and graduate nursing programs; apply today!
- Traditional BSN—a four-year, on-campus program with interactive, state-of-the-art, simulation labs along with core, and clinical nursing coursework that prepares students to become Registered Nurses.
- Accelerated Nursing Second Degree Program—a 15-month/4 semester, on-campus program designed for students who have a bachelor’s degree in another field, but wish to become a Registered Nurse.
- RN to BSN (online)—designed for working professionals who are licensed as Registered Nurses or preparing to complete their RN licensure. *RN-BSN new tuition rates are $265 per credit hour; $215 per credit hour for Corporate Partners.
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)—flexible, online format with residency requirements throughout the program. Specialty tracks include Family Nurse Practitioner (BSN to DNP), Health Systems Leadership (BSN or MS/MSN to DNP), and Advanced Practice Nurse (MS/MSN to DNP).
- School Nurse Program—post-bachelor’s certificate program consisting of online coursework and a 160 to 320-hour internship in a school setting. Completion prepares students to practice as a professional School Nurse in alignment with the ANA and NASN Scope and Standards of Professional School Nursing Practice.
- Nurse Educator Certificate Program—teaches nurses how to teach in a nursing education program or healthcare setting. 12 credit hours graduate-level coursework and 48-hour practicum/project. Completers eligible for Certified Nurse Educator (CNE ®) Examination (National League for Nursing).
For start dates and deadlines, call 419-289-5738 or visit our website.
Barry University is a Catholic institution situated in sunny Miami Shores, Florida. The university is home to a diverse body of students from a variety of geographic, ethnic, religious and socio-economic backgrounds, and is committed to the highest academic standards in undergraduate and graduate education.
- We are currently accepting applications for our 6-semester Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program that begins in January 2019.
If accepted to the Traditional Option, you will also have the opportunity to apply for admission to the Baptist Scholar’s Program. A selected group of students complete their studies at Baptist Hospital in Kendall and may be provided with an opportunity for employment within the Baptist Healthcare system upon completion of the program. Tuition for these highly-qualified and motivated students is substantially reduced. You’ll save over $30,000 in tuition costs and experience clinical learning at one of the most highly-rated healthcare systems in Florida.
- We are also accepting applications for our January 2019 Accelerated Option BSN. This program is designed for those who already have a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing. Tuition for this 4-semester program is a flat rate of $28,000 + $500/semester lab and technology fee.
Please contact our specialist nursing advisor, Ms. Nichole Sando, at email@example.com or telephone 305-981-5135
Please see the Barry University BSN Program NursingCAS page for more information about the program and our university in general or go to www.barry.edu/nursing.
Holy Names University
Holy Names University in Oakland, California has open seats available for the following programs starting in our Fall Semester 2018. Please contact Travis 510-436-1682 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these programs.
- ADN (RN) to MSN
- MSN/Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN/Nurse Educator
Palm Beach Atlantic University
The Deadline for applications for Palm Beach Atlantic University School of Nursing’s BSN Program for the Spring 2019 start is approaching!
Deadline for First Look/Best Look is October 1, 2018.
Applications can be accepted after that date, but will not be considered in the initial round of admissions.
Allow us to give you a quick overview of why PBA School of Nursing is a great choice:
- Our 95+% average pass rate on the NCLEX over the past five years demonstrates that we prepare our students well.
- We are located right on the Intracoastal Waterway in warm, sunny West Palm Beach, Florida–just a short walk to the beach!
- We have affiliations with most major hospitals in southeast Florida, which facilitates landing a job after graduation.
- Our small size means more individualized attention by our faculty whose primary passion is teaching.
- We have a BSN to DNP program that allows for seamlessly moving on to graduate school after obtaining your BSN.
- We are a Christian university with a strong commitment to the teachings of Christ and to welcoming students of all faiths.
Our Minimum Requirements:
- GPA of 3.0 or better on prerequisite courses
- GPA of 2.7 or better on Science & Math courses
- TEAS Total Individual Score of 68.7% or better
Our First Look/Best Look deadline is October 1, 2018.
Visit our website here.
Contact Nancy Peifer at Nancy_Peifer@pba.edu with any questions about our program.
Union College – Nebraska
Union College, one of the top nursing programs in Nebraska, is currently accepting applications for our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program for January 2019 – APPLY TODAY!
Union College’s nursing program is one of the best and here’s why:
- 100% NCLEX-RN (national licensure exam) pass rate for 2018, all of our December 2017 and May 2018 graduates took and passed on their first attempt! Our graduates also achieved the highest NCLEX-RN pass rate in Nebraska and the Seventh-day Adventist higher educational system for 2015 & 2016 – we’re extremely proud of our graduates!
- The nursing curriculum is only five semesters long!
- Clinical rotations begin the first semester of the nursing program and are held in all the major hospital systems in Lincoln as well as in the community.
- Small class sizes of 30 students in a lecture and an average of 6 students in a clinical group ensure that you will get individualized attention and your professor will know you by your first name.
- Every student in each clinical course utilizes the state-of-the-art Simulation Center multiple times each semester.
- Our faith-based program prepares students to care for patients holistically – mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
- A minor in leadership can be completed simultaneously with the BSN degree.
- The Global Health Nursing elective course creates an opportunity to travel to a developing country over Spring Break to provide care.
- As the first BSN program in the state of Nebraska, our students and graduates are part of a long-standing tradition of excellence.
- We have LPN to BSN and RN to BSN tracks available if you’re already a nurse and want to finish your BSN.
If you’ve been searching for a nursing program with a tradition of excellence, small class sizes, and professors committed to your success, you’ve found it! Apply today!
Questions? Please feel free to contact John Luckiesh, Enrollment Counselor, at email@example.com or 402-486-2674.
University of Miami
The 2018-2019 application cycle for the School of Nursing and Health Studies will open on September 1st! Apply early! The following programs will be available beginning September 1st
- Spring 2019
- Summer 2019
- Accelerated BSN
- Fall 2019
- MSN & Post-Master’s
- Spring 2020
- BSN-to-DNP, Nurse Anesthesia Track
For admission requirements and application deadlines, please visit our website. Feel free contact the Office of Student Services at (305) 284-4325 if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your application!